Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Break-Up Coming on Fast!

Boy, the local folks have been telling me, winter turns to summer real fast when it happens! I think it's happening At the start of my third week in the forty-ninth state morning temperatures jumped to the upper twenties. Each day seeing the mercury rising to the high thirties, low forties.

I'm getting settled in to the routine of being back on the job. Kind of weird living where you work/working where you live. On the other hand I'm bunking with a bunch of motorcycles! Which I will be riding any day now! And it sure saves on gas. Regular is going for around $4.25 a gallon now. I'm told that will change drastically in a months time. And not for the better!

Phil and Brenden were back to work on Tuesday after taking Monday off to recover from their northern expedition. Not one to let moss grow under his feet though, Phil flew out early on Wednesday for two weeks to lead the "Japan Three Island Tour". http://www.motoquesttours.com/guided-motorcycle-tour.php?japan-three-island-tour-20 .
I volunteered to shuttle him to the airport at six in the morning. It turned out to be a "good thing", as on the way we encountered an enormous bull moose! He was just crossing the road down the street between a couple of the hotels. Even Phil commented on his size. No photo though. Had to get to the airport and did not have a camera on me. So at least I've got that going for me now! No doubt the first of many by the time this sojourn is completed.

My project this week has been to construct a rack to hold the tires in an orderly fashion. Attempts made to procure one ended with no luck. So I traipsed off to Home Depot to forage the materials needed. "Snoopdawg", the moniker given by me to the HD associate, was quite helpful in spite of his extremely long fingernails. He even cut an eight foot 4x4 down into six pieces at no charge for me. Here's what I ended up with back at the shop.

Then some painting was in order.












Here's the finished rack. That oughta hold some tires! And maybe withstand an earthquake!

Thursday was my fathers 82nd birthday! So of course, in absentia, when I went over to Gwennie's for my weekly visit I raised my glass in admiration! Happy Birthday Dad!

On Friday I went out to lunch with Brenden and Jason. They chose Ray's Place. Unassuming from the exterior, the Thai, Vietnamese cuisine was very good. My choice was the Ginger Halibut and I was not disappointed. Funny card for an Asian joint. Some fat white guy fishing on a dock somewhere. Maybe that's Ray. Next time I go there I'll try to get the scoop. There will be a next time for sure!

The week passed quickly, as time seems to do up here, and Saturday found me hanging around the shop. As noted in the previous post, this site did some sort of upgrade and I lost all my work. So most of the day was spent re-posting while watching the final four games on the work computer. Greg texted a photo of Davids youngest son Kyle with Senor on his knee. Nice to see he's made himself  "right at home". The bird, that is.

Sunday morning, after a quick shower, I made my way over to the "Peanut Farm", a popular sports bar out on Old Seward Hwy. While enjoying a huge plate of corned beef hash I watched the two World Superbike races from Imola, Italy on one of their many large screen televisions.

This place can hold a crowd!



Afterwards, it was off to Walmart where I picked up a new pair of Wranglers for $10.58. Due to packing restrictions I only brought one pair of jeans with me and needed another pair for work. Also bought a hair clipper in anticipation  of the day when all this wool becomes a hindrance. I'll be sure to post before/after shots of that occurrence.

To close this post here is another photo of "BEAR METAL" to show how much snow has melted this week. He'll be on bare ground soon. Pun intended.



Well that's all for this entry. The roads are clearing up rapidly. I'll be able to get out and about on the bikes soon. Then maybe there will be something interesting to post. Until then. Enjoy your "break-up" where ever you might be.
Peace out.
chief

5 comments:

  1. Your tire rack sure turned out nice! I like your Harley Wolf as snow indicator. Seems like your starting to find your rythym a little bit, as well. Rember your new phone probably has a decent camera on it, so if you see the ellusive moose again mabye your phone can do the job. Please tell me you got the package? I like the shirts! Pretty cool, thx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ya if there is something you need done in regards to your house let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a difference between the last post and this post pics of the metal bear! When does 24hrs of sunlight start there? You might want to pick up a sleep mask when that happens :) I use one every night, it really helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't do it! Kims been trying to get me to use a sleep mask for years, and I re-fuse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Muscles is in denial. It actually does help.

    ReplyDelete