Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Packing It.

Organization is the key! Thats my mantra as the packing begins.
A list is a good way to start. The "Motorbike Excursion Packing List" is a templete I custom designed years ago and modify to meet the requirements of the adventure at hand. Seperated into four categories; BIKE STUFF, CLOTHING, CAMPING & MISC, with bulleted specific items to check off under each, the MEPL provides a fine base.

The MISC section has quickly spilled over onto another sheet of paper. Mostly due the addition of a miriad of electronic devices I must not be able to live without.
I now have a laptop computer for which I am grateful to my sister. It gives me portability to make these blog entries and easily keep in touch with folks back home. So I guess it's a good thing.
I also became the recipient of a "smart phone"! Another first for me. If I ever figure the damn thing out I imagine it'll be a good thing too. Thanks Mom & Dad! Then there is the Canon digital still camera plus the Sony digital movie camera and all the batteries, chargers and cables to operate them. Next, I talked myself into taking my little Garmin GPS unit including charger and bar-mount soft case. Can't forget the IPod and Goal Zero speaker and solar charger. Finally the sack of cables, chargers & adapters.
The plan is to fit all this into a backpack.

No comments:

Post a Comment